First Hand is a group of Singapore-based volunteers dedicated to helping children and families in Cambodia. It is run 100% by volunteers.
At First Hand we are passionate about having a ‘hands on’ approach. It is important to maintain an ongoing relationship with our service partners as well as raising money and collecting donations from our First Hand friends in Singapore.
Since 2008, the First Hand team, along with our families, have regularly visited the centres that we help support and we have built up strong bonds there. Our organising committee is made up of 100% volunteers, with no financial compensation for those involved. Trips overseas are made entirely at the expense of the volunteers.
The First Hand team aims to:
- Provide practical and financial support to those most in need in Southeast Asia, particularly in Cambodia
- Seek out others concerned about the plight of those in need in the region
- Nurture relationships between those that need help in the region and those wanting to help
- Provide our members with personal, meaningful ways of aiding those in need
Board and Management Committee Members
First Hand Singapore Registered Society UEN: T08SS0216L
- Marike Edwards (Member at-large)
- Kathy Lewis (Treasurer)
- Victoria Giaever-Enger (President)
- Annette Woschek (Vice-President)
- Carina Di Carlofelice (Secretary)
- Birgitte Kjaer
- Shivangi Bagri
- Gitte Faldmo
- Jordan Ashmore
- Tina Madsen
- Kate Drewer
- Marisa Howie
- Anna Jos